Friday, June 20, 2008


I just realized as I was looking at some results from some of the tournaments this year, that table I was at with David Singer and Scott Sitron also had another fairly prominent pro -- Shane Schlager was sitting with us. I knew he looked familiar and I was wracking my brain trying to figure out where I knew him. Shane is really well-known for his internet play but has made a couple WSOP final tables and came in fourth in a WPT event.

I cannot event tall all of you how many big name pros I ran into at the Series. I recall one 20 minute break yesterday where I walked out of the room next to Chau Giang; I went into the registration room and saw Greg Raymer and David Benyamine buying into the $10k Omaha event; I then saw Mike Matusow and Men "The Master" in the hallway talking to some friends; and finally, I stood in line with David Williams and Kathy Liebert to get some food. I swear, that was one twenty minute break.

About the only pros I wanted to see but did not were Phil Ivey, Doyle Brunson, and Annie Duke. Doyle and Phil don't play in many events, preferring to mostly play cash games instead. I am not sure where Annie was as her big bro Howard Lederer was around.

Yes, I get a little star struck around these folks -- even moreso than I do when I run into Hollywood stars. I dunno why, just the way I am ;)

No comments: